Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's About Time!

Well, I finally took the time to sit down and create a blog.  I've been wanting to do it for a few years now, but just never took the time to do it.  I guess the main reason I wanted to make a blog in the first place was to give me more incentive to keep a journal.  Yes, this blog will be my journal.  I have neglected my journal for so long (I think I get that from my dad, maybe).  I have missed writing about important events, such as my marriage to my wonderful husband, Brent, and the birth of our precious son, Adam.  As our family grows, I want to be able to document the important parts of our life, not just for us, but for posterity's sake as well.  Also, it is a way that we can (hopefully) keep in touch with family and friends and share our life's experiences.  Not only do we learn and grow from them, but maybe we can be the means of touching someone else's life as well.  
We were reading in the Book of Mormon the other day in the book of Omni, and it kind of hit me.  If I don't do anything to "preserve our genealogy," it will sound much like the records of the Nephites at that time.  You know, like "And I, Kyra, am the daughter of Garth.  And I had a son and called his name Adam.   And I began to be old, wherefore I hand over the records to my son Adam."  etc., etc.  There would be a lot of life's lessons lost if I don't fill in those blanks.  So, here's to keeping records and sharing life's experiences, and hopefully I won't have too many more holes to patch up in the future.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! I love blogging I use it as my journal too. I need to update mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for journaling in all of it's formats.

    ReplyDelete