Symbol of Christmas:
Wise Men
![]() |
| Image source |
I feel like I have to do a post about the Wise Men. I've often wondered about them. They are a little mysterious, I mean, there is so little written about them and we don't even know that there were three of them. We just assume that there were because of the three gifts that they gave. Everything we know about them comes from Matthew 2 in the New Testament and thought it's now much, there are things we can learn from them. I think they must have been very holy men. They had knowledge of the scriptures and words of the prophets. How else would they know what the star meant? They also understood the importance of the event because they sacrificed a few years in order to make the journey, for Christ was a young child at the time the Wise Men got there (see Matthew 2:11). This is what stands out to me, and I never really thought about it before. They must have traveled so far! I like the Wise Men because they are an example to us of how we should commit ourselves to Christ. I hope we can understand the importance and significance of His birth, and not take such a wonderful gift for granted. And if we are wise, we will continue to seek Him always.
I just watched the video "The Wise Men Seek Jesus." It's one of the new Bible Videos that the church put out recently. I liked it because they really illustrated well how long of a journey it was for them. If you haven't seen it yet, you can watch it here. I watched most of the other ones too (they are only a few minutes long) and they are also very well done. You can see the other available ones here.
I am grateful for the example of the Wise Men, and all they stand for at Christmas time. Just as they followed the light of the star to find Christ, I hope we can follow the light of the Gospel, which will also lead us to Christ.


No comments:
Post a Comment