Friday, January 6, 2012

Resolution Time

I really shouldn't wait until the new year to make resolutions.  There's nothing different about the new year than any other time, except I have to try and remember "12" now instead of "11."  But this new year is significant because since my birthday is so close to the new year, that basically means that I have one more year until I turn 30.  So this year is the year to do everything I wanted to do before I turn 30.  I never thought that day would be so close.
I remember when I was 20, I thought I would be done with school and have 5 or 6 kids by the time I was 30.  Obviously that didn't happen, seeing as how I didn't get married until I was 25, still haven't finished school, and I just barely had my first kid a year ago.  However, I couldn't be happier with the timing of it all.  Now that I am so close to 30, my goals and ideas have changed somewhat.  Though I still want to finish school, that one may have to wait a little while.  I can always keep learning new things in the meantime though.  But here are my goals for this year:

  • Clean our back room.  It has been a mess ever since we moved in.  It's our "junk" room.  I want to get it organized.  Every now and then we watch a show on Netflix called Hoarding: Buried Alive.  It's a documentary type thing about people who hoard so much junk that they can barely move around in their house.  It's usually due to a mental issue, but many times it begins with just one room.  
This is our back room.  I can barely go inside and it looks alarmingly similar to many of the houses in the show.   I want to clean it up! No more excuses! I'm not going to let this mess grow bigger and bigger. Plus, I would like to use it as a craft room/guest room. Right now there's nowhere for a guest to even put a duffel bag.
  • Hang up pictures.  This kind of goes with the first one because the pictures are in the mess somewhere.  But its been almost 3 years and I still haven't hung them up.  I think I'm afraid to because I know as soon as they are hung up we will have to move, or something like that.
  • Open an Etsy shop.  Ever since grade school, I have loved to make beaded jewelry.  It's a passion of mine.  I am addicted to beads.  I love making jewelry but I hardly wear any of it.  I would love to have an Etsy shop where I can sell my creations.  I would also like to have other handmade crafts available for people to buy and enjoy too.  Crafting is my favorite hobby.  But I need a craft room first so I guess I better get cleaning.
  • Have another kid.  I know.  That's a big one.  And honestly, if this one happens, I can see all my other "Before 30" goals flying out the window.  I figure if I can't have 5 or 6 kids by 30, I can at least try and have 2.  However, there's only so much I can do for this one.  But it's the one I want to happen the most.  I am hoping that my timing coincides with the Lord's timing as well, but we will see what happens.  He knows best.
And there you have it.  They are some pretty hefty goals but it seems like I should at least get one or two of them done.  And if they don't all get done, I always have until I'm 40, right?  Hooray for resolutions!

4 comments:

  1. You have some good resolutions. I also thought I would have more kids by the time I was 30, but since I am 30 now, I don't think it happened...at least I wasn't there for it. I am with you though and know that the timing of everything so far was right for me and that God knew that. Good luck on keeping your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to clean our house so badly! Especially the laundry. And two years of living in this house and yet we still haven't finished unpacking. So I totally understand! And I'm right there with you on the Etsy account and on the having a second (third in my case) kid. :) But I don't make actual resolutions because if I do then I never accomplish them. Lol! Anyway, good luck! Oh and happy birthday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to refer to them as goals, instead of resolutions because I'm the same way. I feel much less bad somehow if I don't accomplish a goal. :)

      Delete
  3. Your blog doesn't show up on my reader for some reason so I forget to check it. I should bookmark it or something. Blogger fails! I think all your goals are completely 100% doable and they are great goals too. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete