Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pregnant Dreams

Image Source

You know you have it bad when you have dreams about food.  And they are stressful food dreams.  Last night I had a dream that I was grocery shopping and I was looking in the produce section trying to find something I wanted to eat.  I had already gotten the milk and a few other things and was browsing the Easter stuff when I decided I better get a move on and actually get some food.  I figured I would get some bananas and some grapefruit. As I was looking around at all the other fruit (I dreamed up some pretty interesting stuff: spicy strawberries from Mexico and little miniature bananas the size of a small child's finger) I decided that I just wanted a plain old grapefruit.  But every time I went back to where I thought they were, they weren't there.  I looked all over that produce section and I was sure I had seen them somewhere but I could not find them.  It was so frustrating!  And the more I looked the more desperate I became.  Finally I found some that were cut into slices and each slice was wrapped individually and put into packages of 5 or 6.  They were more expensive but I decided I would rather get them than spend another minute looking for regular uncut ones.  I was so stressed out when I woke up and it was hard for me to realize it was just a dream.  Even now, thinking about it makes me stressed.  Why can't the food I want just be there when I want it?  I tell you what, eating is a big chore.  I wish I didn't have to worry about it.
I think the reason I had this dream is because a few days ago my friend Stacie came over and she brought a grapefruit for lunch.  At the time it didn't seem like something I wanted to eat, but as I watched her eating it, I thought maybe it seemed alright after all.  So next time Brent went to the grocery store, I asked him to get some grapefruit.  He got two, which I thought was plenty, however I ate them both in two days.  Since then, I haven't been totally satisfied at lunch.  However, I didn't think I was affected enough to have a dream about them.  Apparently I am craving them more than I thought.  Also on my craving list at the moment:  Eegee's (turkey and ham sub, fries and a small strawberry/lime eegee's) and Doritos, but I haven't been able to eat any Doritos yet so I don't know if I really want them as bad as I think I do.  It's weird how you think about a food so much that it almost becomes necessary to live.  And when you don't have it, you think you are going to die.  Anyway, I better stop thinking about grapefruit or I think I'm going to die.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my- that's so funny! When I started reading this, I thought it had to be Stacie's fault. It totally is. I bet you can't wait to not be pregnant anymore.

    ReplyDelete