Thursday, April 5, 2012
Someone's on the move...
A few nights ago I was trying to fall asleep (for some reason it's REALLY hard for me to fall asleep, even if I'm dead tired) and I was thinking about our new little baby, wondering what he/she will be like, and I felt a little kick for the first time. Like a real kick, not one of those I-think-it-was-a-kick-but-maybe-it-was-just-gas feelings. It was like he/she knew I was thinking about him/her. Then I felt it again, and I put my hand on my stomach so see if I could feel it on the outside and sure enough, I could. It was very gentle but very distinguishable. It makes it seem more real when I can feel definite movements. And makes me happy to know that all I've gone through is for a good cause. It's hard when you feel so sick and gross for so long and you feel like you have nothing to show for it. But when you feel that little kick for the first time, that's what makes me feel like it is worth it. We will find out in 10 days if we are having a little boy or girl. I can't wait! I feel like it is a boy, but we will see. We will be happy either way. I'm just dying to get into the I-feel-much-better stage of my pregnancy, which, if it's anything like last time, should be mid May. I am 19 weeks and technically, by the book, I should be feeling better already, but apparently my morning sickness hormones didn't get the memo. I guess I should get some rest. I feel better when I get a lot of rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay for feeling the baby move! That's my favorite part about being pregnant. Hope you start feeling better soon. And I can't wait until you find out what you are having! :)
ReplyDelete