Monday, February 27, 2012

Peanut Butter and Honey

Image Source
     I think I am definitely on the downhill side of this whole morning sickness thing.  I still feel gross most of the day but it's a less severe kind of gross.  My biggest problem is that I feel like I have a ping pong ball stuck in my esophagus somewhere above my stomach.  I don't know what it means or what it is but it's driving me crazy!  I would feel much less nauseous if it weren't there.  Maybe I have some sort of weird acid reflex or something, I don't know.  I just wish it would go away.
     Anyway, I have been noticing that I can eat more of the foods that I couldn't tolerate a few weeks ago.  It's weird because last time I was pregnant, it took a good 4 or 5 months to get there and I am only 13 weeks now.  So one of the things I couldn't stand when I was pregnant with Adam was peanut butter.  Which is sad because my favorite sandwich is PB&J.  Also, my favorite chocolate candy is Reese's Peanut Butter cups (I couldn't eat chocolate with Adam either, so that was sad too).  But I have found that I can eat peanut butter now (if it's not in large quantities) but for some reason, I don't have the appetite for PB&J.  However, the other day I started craving peanut butter and honey sandwiches.  Maybe it's the sugar in the honey that I crave, but I eat at least two of them at lunch (I am eating one right now).  And I just love my little Fuzzy Wuzzy honey container.   You know, the ones shaped like a bear.  We called it Fuzzy Wuzzy when we were little.  I always say the poem to Adam when I make my sandwich...

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a Bear.
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he? 

AND I craved some M&M's the other day, and today I ate a Reese's Peanut Butter cup!  The only thing that still grosses me out to even think about is chicken enchiladas, which was the first thing I couldn't eat with this pregnancy.  I want to puke just thinking about it so I will eat another bite of my PB&H sandwich.
I really don't have much energy these days.  I am SO exhausted at the end of the day and I hardly do anything.  But I think today I will attempt to go to the Scout store and Costco.  After I eat lunch of course.  We will see how it goes.  I hope it's not too much for my little pregnant body to handle.  I know, I'm being a big baby.  But I have noticed a connection between how I feel and how much I do during the day.  I feel better when I'm lazy.  But I don't like being lazy.
I think I need another sandwich.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! You're only being lazy on the outside. On the inside you are a hard-working lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. growing a baby is hard work. I seemed to be more tired with Mackenzie than I was with Kaylee, but I didn't really notice since I was working 50 hour weeks with Kaylee so I didn't pay attention. Plus every pregnancy is different. Just think that you're sick for a good reason

    ReplyDelete